Thursday, July 9, 2009

June, er, July is Bustin' Out All Over!

Here we go again - over a week into another new month, and I still haven't changed my desk calendar. Of course, with everything dumped on top of it, I suppose it doesn't matter.

Our July 4th weekend was greatly enhanced by the weekend visit of both college offspring, Matthew and Katie. We ate at Mom's the evening of the 4th - nothing overly healthy, but with grilled hamburgers and one of Randy's cheesecakes, that apparently didn't matter, either.

Katie, a photography major, humored me as I tried to capture fireworks from our deck, her little balcony, the cabin deck, and a little hill behind the cabin. We could see the fireworks easily from all vantage points, but most of my pictures looked like this:



Every now and then I'd actually be aimed at the fireworks and would luck into something that resembled what we watched:



And sometimes it looked a bit alien:


And like the fireworks, the wildflowers are exploding!





As daisies are one of my very favorites, be thankful there's only one photo of them... at least until I can snag some of the pictures Katie - the real photographer - took.


Meanwhile, the temperatures have been so pleasant lately (LOW/mid 50s at night to mid/upper 70s during the day!), we're wondering what's in store for winter. It's probably best we don't know. Summer ain't over yet, of course, but there are usually only 5 days a year that we'd consider hot. Not H-O-T as in anywhere else in the state or certainly not Texas, our old stomping grounds, but hot to us mountainbilly wimps.

For those of you scheduled to return to Angel Mountain, don't faint if you see that we have finished painting the house! No need to faint just yet, as we haven't finished, but there is finally an expectation of completion before football starts up full-time again. Even the old storeroom (which one wide-eyed - and slightly horrified - cabineer thought was the cabin upon arrival), is getting a makeover from the can!


Shocker, I know.

When we get finished, you can be sure proof will go up... before we move to the next project :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the fireworks pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tipper! The pictures don't do justice, thanks to my having a little camera and our being just a few(!) miles away, but I was excited to see ANY that came out. Pretty sad to see so many black screens. If I only had Photoshop....

    (Too bad there's not a prize of sorts for being our first commenter!)

    ReplyDelete