Friday, June 18, 2010

Summertime!

Kali, rollin'


Sami, (interrupted) snoozin'


Emma, bummin'


Babies, starvin'


Baby, dreamin'


Aaahhhh... summertime.

Come enjoy some of it at Angel Mountain Cabin! Hiking, canoeing, snoozing, foot-stomping, and so much more!!!

In addition, the BackStreet Park Summer Concert series is back in downtown West Jefferson, treating locals and tourists to traditional mountain music.

Official scoop about the BackStreet Park Summer Concert series:

The concerts are held the third and fourth Fridays of the month, May through September, 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the BackStreet Park behind the bustling downtown district.

Upcoming acts this summer include the Surefire Bluegrass Band on June 25; Amantha Mill July 16; the Appalachian Mountain Girls on Aug. 20; Crooked Road Ramblers on Aug. 27; Sassafras on Sept. 17 and Irish Temperance on Sept. 24.

On July 23, Bluegrass lovers will rejoice at the “A Taste of the 40th Annual Bluegrass and Old Time Fiddlers Convention,” which is a prelude to this year’s convention at Ashe County Park Aug. 6-7.

Admission to Summer Concert Series is free of charge.

Enjoy hamburgers and hotdogs at the Ashe County Farmers Market on the Backstreet during the 4th Friday concert evenings
.

Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. This "baby dreamin" pic made me smile - like it a lot!
    Did you take it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Claudia, and welcome! I'm too lazy to check out of the Suite and check in here, which is why I'm still in the candy factory :)

    Yes, I did take that myself, and I was amazed it turned out so well! I had to stand on a chair and hope I got something because I couldn't see that far up, plus the light had to be just right, or it would be too dark. Meanwhile, the mama was a few yards away having a FIT because I was around, so I had to move quickly!

    Of course, most folks had no clue what it was :)

    Helen/Mountainbilly Mama/'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete